Jump to "Nomination form"
The purpose of the Communication and Leadership award is to honour a non-Toastmaster who has made
substantial contributions in the areas of communications and leadership.
A person who has become a public official, a business leader, an academic leader, or who is
successful in other fields of endeavor would be an excellent nominee.
Criteria of Award Recipients
Following are the criteria used for award recipient selection:
- Must be a resident of the geographical area covered by District 96;
- Must be a non-Toastmaster or a former Toastmaster.
- Should have distinguished himself/herself as a leader or spokesperson for a worthy cause or
purpose, especially as it exemplified their communication and leadership skills.
- Shall have made a significant contribution to the communities within the District. The impact of this
contribution must not be limited to one organization, but must be community/district wide.
- Should support Toastmasters organization.
- Must not be presented to a recipient a second time.
- Must be able to personally accept the award and give an acceptance address at the District
96 Spring 2017 Conference.
- Must be a skilled communicator/speaker.
The deadline for proposals is Saturday, April 15, 2017 at 11:59pm (PST).
If you have any questions regarding your submission or the selection process, please contact the District 96 Spring 2017 Conference Co-Chairs; Jenny Qian and Carolina Dias. They can be reached by email: email@example.com.
The Communication and Leadership award will be presented at the District 96 Spring 2017 Conference; Saturday, May 13 at the BCIT Downtown Campus in Vancouver, BC.
Submit your nomination
Any Toastmaster may nominate a recipient. If you wish to nominate more than one person, please submit
separate entries for each individual.
Award Recipient Selection Process
- Any District 96 Toastmaster in good standing may submit a nomination for the award. Only
nominations submitted by Toastmasters in District 96 will be considered.
- Nominations must be made in writing on the Nomination Form, or a similar format, providing
reasons why the nominee should be considered for the award.
- Nominations must be submitted by the published nominations due date. Or, if the Toastmaster
making the nominations chooses, he/she may personally present the written nomination to the entire
2017 Spring Conference Committee by the nominations due date. This date will be set sufficiently
early to allow the Conference Committee to review all nominations and to reach a decision as to the
award recipient at least four weeks prior to the Spring Conference.
- The Conference Co-Chairs will send all submittals to each member of the Conference Committee after
the nomination due date.
- The Conference Committee will consider all nominations submitted by Toastmasters in District 96 by the due date.
- The Conference Committee will decide which nominee, if any, is worthy of the award. The decision will be made by a majority vote of the Conference Committee at which a quorum is present. This vote may be performed via email.
- If a majority of the Conference Committee feels that no nominations merit the award, then no award will be made for that year.
- If an award is to be given, the District 96 Director will contact the recipient, tell him/her that he/she has been chosen to receive the award, advise the recipient that he/she must make an acceptance address at the Spring Conference as a condition of receiving the award, and advise of all other pertinent details. The lunch on Saturday of the Spring Conference is the preferred time for the award. However, the award recipient and the Conference Co-Chairs may mutually agreeable upon another time during the conference.
- If the chosen recipient cannot make an acceptance address or cannot personally accept the award or chooses not to accept the award, then the District 96 Director will advise the Conference Committee and they may choose to select another recipient for the award that year. If another recipient is chosen, then the District 96 Director will contact that individual in accordance with Step #8 above.
- On or about the award announcement date, the District 96 Director will announce the award recipient or announce that there will not be an award that year.
Selection of the recipient for the Communication and Leadership award is made by Conference Committee & District Team and is contingent upon the recipient's confirmed attendance for the award presentation.